I was raised in Southwest Portland, Oregon and grew up in a positive family environment. Born the youngest of seven children, I continue to value the guidance and participation of my extended family. I have been married to my high school sweetheart, whom is also my best-friend, for 34 wonderful years. Together, we have raised four amazing children and have been blessed with eleven beautiful grandchildren… with more on the way.
I obtained a B.S. in Agricultural Engineering Technology from Oregon State University. I worked many years in the management of sales and marketing, which gave me first hand knowledge and experience with a vast array of behavioral and personality issues. I was a vice-president of an international coaching firm for several years before I started my own coaching business. I received my Master’s Degree in Counseling from Multnomah University, and am now living out my life’s calling and passion with the counseling practice at ProVisions.
In addition to my M.A. Degree, I have specialized training and certifications with:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing); a strong and proven therapy for anxiety and stress at all levels.
- Prepare/Enrich; a highly effective tool for marriage and pre-marital counseling.
- Behavioral Science Research Press (B.S.R.P.); designed to help recognize and relieve several human contact anxieties.
- Sales Research Group (S.R.G.); helping to determine your greatest strengths and talents.
- D.I.S.C. a basic personality assessment tool for individuals and teams.
- Sand Tray Therapy; a safe way for adults and children to deal with trauma and stress.
By using these assessments, we can gain further insights into your life challenges, relationship issues and job performance.
I believe in helping others realize their best potential in any situation. Dwelling on your positive, God-given attributes is where your best progress will be realized. I look forward to helping you see and experience the best that life has to offer you and those around you.